Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Recipe for Long Island Iced Tea

A friend forwarded this to me, I haven't tried it, but it sounds Awesome... 
let me know,.

 

Long Island Iced Tea

(original url: http://api.allthecooks.com/long-island-iced-tea.html)

Ingredients

1/2 Shot Tequila

1/2 Shot Vodka

1/2 Shot Gin

1/2 Shot Rum

3 Shots Coca Cola

1/2 To 1 shot Sour Mix (or Tom Collins Mix or Whiskey Sour Mix)

Serves 6.

Directions

1 Contributed to the echo by: Sallie Austin

2 Put all in a glass and stir and watch out. Not my idea of a way to consume alcohol (I would prefer too much wine or champagne ), but I believe this was the recipe. Does taste close to iced tea though... --Michelle M. Bass

3 My boyfriend is a "working manager" of a bar here... i.e., he bartends. He said to add these to the preceding ingredients:

4 1/2 shot 151 Rum (in addition to the regular rum) 1/2 shot Triple Sec or Cointreau

5 I only tried one of these... I agree with Michelle... at least with wine or champagne it requires a few hours of sipping before you pass out, instead of a few minutes .

6 BTW- I just asked Jim if he was sure that both 151 and regular rum were used, and why... he said "to hurt people". Good enough reason for me.






--
"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

Life is an Adventure'
Life is an Adventure on IBS

No comments:

Post a Comment